We established “SHinE” in 2014. For all student, for creating better school, and for realizing many wishes,
we aim to work cooperatively group for school and society.
At first year of AMICUS, “mothers’ group” had been organized casually by then principal. After that the school had decided to establish the parents’ association when all the primary school’s grades were completed. Meanwhile parents/guardians had voluntarily organized the preparatory committee for discussing about the contents of bylaws. Since June 2014, the association has established as SHinE, and since May 2015, SHinE is authorized by AMICUS as a supportive PTA association. SHinE has consisted of the board members, 8 sections, and PGLs (parents/guardians liaisons) to encourage activities by grades/classes.
- Hirokazu Oshikawa
Six years have passed since SHinE was established. AMICUS is one of the most attractive schools in Japan where you can take IT into your learning environment and receive learning that suits the times. This year, I would like to value the interaction between parents and grow together with the students. Looking to the future, always having a willingness to take on challenges, staying close to the students who are advancing every day while searching for what is best, and working as a chairman for a year as a bridge between faculty and parents so that the school life will be rich and fruitful. I would like to continue to flow. Thank you for your continued cooperation.
What is SHinE ?
AMICUS PTA, as known as SHinE (School and Home in Education), was named with expectation to create better educational environment for the children with closer relationships between the school and homes/families.
- Principal Kinder, Elementary and Junior High School Sebastian Dakin
2021 saw AMICUS complete ten years of operations, and what began as an elementary school has after various trials and struggles now completed three schools, a kindergarten, elementary and a junior high school. It is not only down to the teachers, but the students and parents too. As a private school, and one the offers a distinctive curriculum, the contribution and cooperation of parents is a must for us. By ensuring that the ideas and opinions of parents reach the school smoothly, our events and educational activities can be further improved. Raising children is best when the whole community is involved, and SHinE helps parents get fully involved in the school, and we all benefit thereby.
- Kindergarten ,
School Entrance Ceremonies
- Current students and teaching staff welcome new children by showing their performance.School Commencement Ceremony ,
Body measurements , Open school.etc
- Kindergarten ,
- Holidays , school briefing
- A new school year that has been accustomed Exchange in class.
- Peace Studies
- Children think about peace and express it in pictures and writings on the occasion of Okinawa Memorial Day.
- Sports Day
- Together with family members,
students enjoy sports.
- Summer vacation begins
- We watch the life. home work.
- Summer vacation end
- Children go to school in a cheerful face.
- Class snorkeling and pool is done by grade from July to September
- Classroom visitations ,
- The entrance Exams
- Classroom visitations ,
- Thanksgiving , cooking training
- There are also doing a Thanksgiving in the class of the event
- Performance Day
- bus stop becomes darker in the morning.
the beginning of the winter break
- Parents/Guardian visiting days
- Six Grade School Trip
- Students went on a two-night,three-day school trip to Nara,Kyoto,Osaka,and Kobe(in 2014 school year)
- Graduation Ceremony
- notification table, Spring holiday.
When parting and the beginning
|Excursions and Field Trip||An excursion or field trips takes place at each grade level to experience natures and cultures.|
|Parent/Guardian Visiting Day||There are two parents/guardian visiting days a year for the kindergarten, while there are three such days for both the elementary and
junior high schools. At some grade levels,an event with the participation of parents and guardians will be organized at the end of a semester.
|Long School Holidays||Long school holidays include spring(approx.two weeks),summer(approx.one month),fall(approx.one week),and winter(approx.two weeks)breaks.|